“For as often as we eat this bread and drink the cup, we proclaim the death of the Lord. If we proclaim the Lord’s death, we proclaim the forgiveness of sins. If, as often as his blood is poured out, it is poured for the forgiveness of sins, I should always receive it, so that it may always forgive my sins. Because I always sin, I should always have a remedy.”Catechism of the Catholic Church
The Holy Eucharist completes Christian initiation. Those who have been raised to the dignity of the royal priesthood by Baptism and configured more deeply to Christ by Confirmation participate with the whole community in the Lord’s own sacrifice by means of the Eucharist.
Holy Communion separates us from sin. The body of Christ we receive in Holy Communion is “given up for us,” and the blood we drink “shed for the many for the forgiveness of sins.” For this reason the Eucharist cannot unite us to Christ without at the same time cleansing us from past sins and preserving us from future sins.
Registration for First Communion
First Communion Students (two years): Must provide copies of certificates on registration day.
- bring a copy of the student’s baptismal certificate. (We will keep this copy with your registration forms.)
- Let us know if your student has not been baptized. They will need to be baptized before they receive first communion.
- Fee/Donation $150 per student.
Last day to register for English Confirmation and First Communion will be on Friday, September 15 at the Parish office.
Inscripciones de Primera Comunión para 2023-2024
Estudiantes de Primera Comunión (dos años): Deben proporcionar copias de los certificados el día de la inscripción.
- traer una copia del certificado de bautismo del estudiante. (Guardaremos esta copia con sus formularios de registro).
- Háganos saber si su estudiante no ha sido bautizado. Tendrán que ser bautizados antes de recibir la primera comunión.
- Cuota/Donación $150 por estudiante.
El último día para registrarse para la Confirmación y Primera Comunión en inglés será el viernes 15 de septiembre en la oficina parroquial.
For First Holy Communion for children, call the Parish Office at (510) 895-5631.
For First Eucharist for adults, please refer to Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA).