“Confirmation is a sacrament through which we receive the Holy Spirit to make us stronger and more perfect Christians and true witnesses of Jesus Christ. It is a sacrament of our initiation which began in Baptism and continues in the Eucharist. As the candidates come forward to be confirmed they profess their faith in the Catholic Church and personally take on the responsibility for continuing their own religious journey by regularly participating in Sunday Mass, by continuing their spiritual formation within the Church community, by serving others’ needs, and by spreading and defending the faith in word and deed.“Catechism of the Catholic Church
Becoming a fully active member of God’s Family is a journey – a process of initiation involving the sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation. The process allows you time to discover your faith, to become involved with the community of faith, and to know Jesus – the cornerstone of that faith.
Am I ready?
This sacrament should not be received lightly. That is why the members of God’s family take responsibility for preparing candidates for Confirmation. Your preparation should lead to a resounding YES! answer to each of the following questions.
- Do you want to be a full member of God’s Family?
- Do you understand and believe what the Church teaches?
- Are you willing to confirm the promises of your baptism?
- Are you willing to participate in the Eucharist and the other sacraments regularly?
- Are you willing and able to be a living witness to Jesus Christ?
- Are you willing and able to do your part of the work of serving and loving others?
Registration for Confirmation
Confirmation (one year): Must provide copies of certificates on registration day.
- must be in high school (no middle school students)
- bring a copy of first communion certificate (We will keep with registration forms.)
- bring a copy of baptismal certificate (We will keep with registration forms.)
- If your student has not been baptized or received first communion, let us know so they can complete these sacraments before confirmation.
- Fee/Donation $150 per student.
Last day to register for English Confirmation and First Communion will be on Friday, September 15 at the Parish office.
Inscripciones de Confirmación para 2023-2024
Estudiantes de Primera Comunión (dos años): Deben proporcionar copias de los certificados el día de la inscripción.
- traer una copia del certificado de bautismo del estudiante. (Guardaremos esta copia con sus formularios de registro).
- Háganos saber si su estudiante no ha sido bautizado. Tendrán que ser bautizados antes de recibir la primera comunión.
- Cuota/Donación $150 por estudiante.
El último día para registrarse para la Confirmación y Primera Comunión en inglés será el viernes 15 de septiembre en la oficina parroquial.
To register for a Confirmation class or to volunteer to assist in the Confirmation Program, contact the Parish Office at (510) 895-5631.