RCIA classes are cancelled until further notice due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Are you wondering what the Roman Catholic Church is all about?
- Have you gone to Mass and want to understand more about its meaning?
- Have you never been baptized or are baptized in another tradition and are being drawn to the Catholic Church?
- Are you married to a Catholic, but never received First Eucharist or been Confirmed?
- Are you an active member of the Catholic Church and just want to know more about your faith, its past and present history?
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
– Matthew 28:19
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (English/Spanish)
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is the process through which interested adults and older children are gradually introduced to the Roman Catholic faith and way of life. It is a liturgical rite, usually celebrated on some annual date or dates, marking the beginning of the catechumenate proper, as the candidates express and the Church accepts their intention to respond to God’s call to follow the way of Christ.
If you would like more information or interested in participating in RCIA process, either as a candidate or as a volunteer, call the Parish Office at (510) 895-5631 and leave a message for Anita Marquez or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.